Feeling sad or down after having a baby? Feeling restless? Have you heard of Postpartum Depression ? It’s real! Sometimes after women give birth, they feel like they are alone, hopeless or depressed. But you are not alone. More than 950,000 women suffer from postpartum depression after giving birth and it is normal up until the baby is 1 years old. Here’s a list of things that helped me and I hope they can help you as well:
- Talk to someone – Tell them how you’re feeling and ask for help.
- Tune everyone out- Ask someone to help with the baby while you listen to music, read, clean, etc.…
- Exercising – a light jog or walk, stretching, and breathing techniques
- Eating things you love – fruits, vegetables, and/or snacks
- Step away- when you’re feeling overwhelmed it is okay to take a break.
[CJ1]Hyperlink to one of the resources from Home visiting guide