LET IT GOOO!
The holidays have come and gone. We made it to a New Year. We might be thinking on last year saying, “This year is going to be better, but some things MUST change.” However, after a few days into the New Year, things happen and we’re back with the same old mess.
I made a list of ways you can get rid of some of this stress and tension that might be attached to last year’s mess. If you released some of your stress and focus, things might seem a little clearer to you:
Tips on How to Beat Stress
- Separate worries from concerns. If you are concerned about a situation, let go of the worry. Sometimes situations are out of your control. But if you solve it, make a plan and get to work!
- Live within your budget. Don’t use credit cards for gifts or other items you don’t need.
- Beauty rest. Try to get about 7-8 hours of sleep.
- Music. Listen to music as a way to relax.
- Put pen to paper. Write down thoughts, hopes, and inspirations.
- Talk to God on the spot. Try to nip small problems in the bud. Don’t wait until it’s time to go to bed to try and pray.
- Be kind. Misery loves company. If you’re having a bad day, sometimes your attitude can spread to others. If you’re kind, it might make you and others feel better.
- Talk less; listen more. Sometimes you can be talking to someone who is really getting on your nerves and the more you say the worse it gets. So if you talk less it will help the situation.
- Gratitude. Every night before bed, think of one thing you’re grateful for.
- Little reminders. Keep a spot of your favorite quotes or scriptures in your heart and mind. One of my favorites: “If God is for us, who can be against us?” (Romans 8:31)