FAQs for Family & Friends
- What is a Community Health Worker?
- We talk a lot about Community Health Workers, or CHWs. In our group prenatal care program, we use CHWs to co-facilitate group sessions along with Certified Nurse Midwives. So exactly what are Community Health Workers? Community Health Workers are dynamic, frontline public health workers who have a very close understanding of and relationship with the Read More
- Where can I find free events for my kids and family in Detroit?
- We’ll let you in on a valuable secret! On the website, Commonwealth you will find tons of events and resources around the Detroit area! We love using this site to find resources to send out to our moms and families, and you can use it too! Click the “search” tab at the top of the page and Read More
- Senior Volunteering
- Dear Winnie, My name is Geraldine and I would like to find help for people. What can I do ? I am a senior. Hi Geraldine, It’s amazing that you want to help people. Find what you are passionate about and volunteer in that area. Many organizations need seniors with wisdom to share: Volunteer Read More
- Planning for the Future
- Hey Winnie…How Do I Start Planning For My Future? Setting Goals When you are young, it can be hard to think about your future. But as you know, the future catches up with us pretty quickly. Help the young women in your life to prepare for what lies ahead. Talk to her about her plans Read More