Sort FAQs By:
Ask Winnie Your Question
Sort FAQs By:
FAQs for Pregnant Women
- Where can I find free events for my kids and family in Detroit?
- We’ll let you in on a valuable secret! On the website, Commonwealth you will find tons of events and resources around the Detroit area! We love using this site to find resources to send out to our moms and families, and you can use it too! Click the “search” tab at the top of the page and Read More
- What is group prenatal care?
- In April 2016, WIN Network: Detroit started offering group prenatal care to our moms and families. So what is group prenatal care? Group prenatal care is just what it sounds like – you, and other women who are also pregnant and due to deliver around the same time, get together in a group to get Read More
- How long are you supposed to wait in between having babies?
- It is recommended that you wait at least 18 months in between each pregnancy. This means after you give birth, wait one and a half years to get pregnant again. This gives your body time to heal from a previous pregnancy before having another. It also gives you and your family time to bond with Read More
- Is a pap smear also an STI test?
- Dear Winnie, Is a pap smear a test that also tests for sexually transmitted infections (STIs)? That is a great question, and one a lot of people don’t know the answer to! A pap smear, or pap test, is a screening for cervical cancer. It tests whether the cells of your cervix are normal Read More
- Can my baby sleep safely in a play pen instead of a crib?
- Dear Winnie, I am due to have my baby soon but I don’t have a crib. I have a play pen that my sister gave me. Can my baby sleep in that or do I need to get a crib too? Good news! Your baby can definitely sleep safely in a play pen if you Read More
- Is it a good idea to schedule a C-section, so I can be more prepared for birth?
- Great question! If your pregnancy and baby are healthy and don’t have complications, you should wait for labor to begin naturally. Scheduling a C-section can seem like a good option because it takes away the worry of going into labor when you least expect it, but your baby needs every minute he or she can get inside Read More
- Baby’s Movement in Pregnant Belly
- Hi Winnie, I Can’t Tell If My Baby Is Moving: What’s Normal? You won’t be aware of all your baby’s movements during pregnancy, for a variety of reasons. Some movements won’t last long enough or be strong enough for you to feel. But when your baby moves his whole body for longer than a few Read More