- Is a pap smear also an STI test?
- Dear Winnie, Is a pap smear a test that also tests for sexually transmitted infections (STIs)? That is a great question, and one a lot of people don’t know the answer to! A pap smear, or pap test, is a screening for cervical cancer. It tests whether the cells of your cervix are normal Read More
- Can my baby sleep safely in a play pen instead of a crib?
- Dear Winnie, I am due to have my baby soon but I don’t have a crib. I have a play pen that my sister gave me. Can my baby sleep in that or do I need to get a crib too? Good news! Your baby can definitely sleep safely in a play pen if you Read More
- Is it a good idea to schedule a C-section, so I can be more prepared for birth?
- Great question! If your pregnancy and baby are healthy and don’t have complications, you should wait for labor to begin naturally. Scheduling a C-section can seem like a good option because it takes away the worry of going into labor when you least expect it, but your baby needs every minute he or she can get inside Read More
- Homeless Daughter in Need of Housing
- Dear Winnie, I have a 24-year-old daughter who has 2 kids ages 2 and 1. I put her out of the house three times because she’s disrespectful. The last straw was when we had fight. She’s been put out of every shelter she’s been in. Now she’s back at my house. I really don’t want Read More
- Hi Winnie, If I’m giving my baby cereal, will it help him sleep through the night?
- Giving a baby cereal or another solid food will not make a difference in helping the baby sleep. They may sleep worse if the foods give them a stomach ache. It also gives the baby more calories and less nutrients which may lead to weight problems in the future. Stick with a bottle filled just Read More
- Safe Sex
- Winnie, What is Safe Sex? You’re in the moment and things are getting hot, but that’s not the time to throw caution to the wind! Having safe sex means protecting yourself and your partner from an unplanned pregnancy, HIV/AIDS, or sexually transmitted infections (STIs, also known as STDs or sexually transmitted diseases). Stay safe by Read More