You have a feel for what a young mom should worry about and what is normal. You may have raised a few young ones of your own. Knowing what it’s like to be short on time and tight on money, going to the doctor might seem like a waste. But doctor’s visits are one of the most important things that you can do to have a healthy pregnancy and baby. Getting a doctor’s care during pregnancy can lower the chances of something going wrong with the pregnancy or delivery.
Things To Keep In Mind:
- Think about the things you can do now to make sure you are healthy before you get pregnant. Take Folic Acid supplements and eat a healthy diet including fruits and vegetables, lean meats and low fat foods.
- Find someone to go to doctor’s visits with you. It can be easier to go when you have someone you care about with you. This could be your partner, family member, or fried. They can help her remember what is said at the visit.
- Try to follow the doctor’s advice. You may not agree with everything the doctor says. But remember, both you and the doctor want what is best. You are on the same team. Try to support your little one and do what the doctor says. Their advice is not meant to make life harder, it’s to protect the women and keep them strong and healthy.
- Prepare. Go over any questions you may have for the doctor and write them down so you won’t forget. Get together any medications or test results that you might need to take with you. This way you can get the most out of your appointment.
- Connect to resources. There are a lot of programs in Detroit to help women get free family planning, prenatal, and child care. If you aren’t sure what programs are available, let us help you. You can call WIN Network: Detroit at 313-874-4581 and we can work to connect you to the right resources.