Important Update!

Sign Up for Group Prenatal Care!

Learn More

WIN Network


Having a Baby? Get Prenatal Care



Clear Form | Close

Join WIN Network



Local DHS Offices

Department of Human Services can help you and your family with temporary assistance when times are tough.

Temporary food assistance for eligible low-income families and individuals is available from the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Temporary cash assistance is available for eligible pregnant women and low-income families with minor children.  If you are disabled, or care for a disabled person, you may be eligible for State Disability Assistance.

If you receive cash assistance, you may be assigned to Jobs, Education and Training (JET) for help in finding a job or developing job skills. Transportation, childcare and other needs related to employment and training may be provided.

If you cannot afford child care, payment assistance is available to parents who meet eligibility requirements. Check out the Parent Resources section of our website for details.

Essential health care coverage, such as Medical Assistance or Medicaid, is available to those who otherwise cannot afford it. Michigan has many health care programs available to children, families and adults who meet eligibility requirements. Each program has income limits and some have an asset limit-limits vary with each program.

If you need help with past, unpaid medical expenses, your coverage may begin three months before your application month. Ask your DHS specialist for more details.

Immediate help may be available if you are facing conditions of extreme hardship or emergencies threaten your health and safety. State Emergency Relief and the Weatherization Assistance Program combine financial assistance and contracts with a network of nonprofit organizations to help low-income households.

Emergency support is designed to maintain low-income households that are normally able to make ends meet but occasionally need help when unexpected emergency situations arise. Emergency support is not an appropriate solution to ongoing or chronic financial difficulties. For ongoing reductions to your energy expenses, be sure to check out the Weatherization Assistance Program.


Wayne County DHS Offices


3040 W Grand Blvd, 4-250
Detroit, MI 48202
Phone: 313.456,1000


4733 Conner St.
Detroit, MI 48215
Phone: 313.926.8600


6534 W. Jefferson
Detroit, MI 48209
Phone: 313.554.8300


5131 Grand River
Detroit, MI 48208
Phone: 313.361.7300


17455 Grand River Ave.
Detroit, MI 48227
Phone: 313.493.7801


14061 Lappin St.
Detroit, MI 48205
Phone: 313.372.6200

8655 Greenfield
Detroit, MI 48228
Phone: 313.943.5200


17330 Greydale
Detroit, MI 48219
Phone: 313.387.7100


396 Glendale
Highland Park, MI 48203
Phone: 313.852.2187


12140 Joseph Campau St.
Hamtramck, MI 48212
Phone: 313.892.0180


26355 Michigan Ave
Inkster, MI 48141
Phone: 313.792.7700


13233 Hamilton
Highland Park, MI 48203
Phone: 313.852.1700


27260 Plymouth Road
Redford, MI 48239
Phone: 313.937.4200


101 E. Canfield St
Detroit, MI 48207
Phone: 313.578.5500


25637 Ecorse Road
Taylor, MI 48180
Phone: 313.375.2500


4505 Oakman Blvd
Detroit, MI 48204
Phone: 313.934.5100

Do you have a question you’d like to ask Winnie?

Ask Now!

Ask Winnie!

What is a Community Health Worker?
We talk a lot about Community Health Workers, or CHWs. In our group prenatal care program, we use CHWs to co-facilitate group sessions along with Certified Nurse Midwives. So exactly what are Community Health Workers? Community Health Workers are dynamic, frontline public health workers who have a very close understanding of and relationship with the Read More

More FAQs

Join Win Network

Having a Baby? Get Prenatal Care